Here are some insider tips that have personally helped me juggle multiple side hustles.
My name is Gemma, and I live in the beautiful city of York, UK. I have always had a passion for crafting, and over the years, I have developed my skills in this area to become quite a craft enthusiast. In my free time, I love nothing more than getting lost in a new project and creating new things for my shop over on Etsy.
When I’m not crafting, I love to travel and experience new cultures. One of my favourite ways to do this is by offering cat-sitting services to people worldwide. It’s such a unique way to explore different places, and I get to meet so many wonderful people and their furry friends along the way.
Aside from my love of crafting and travel, I am a money blogger and Instagram creator for Help Save Money. I enjoy sharing my insights and tips on how to save money and make the most of your finances. It’s such a rewarding experience to help others achieve their financial goals and improve their lives. I love to talk about how to juggle multiple side hustles and create an income that is varied and passive.
This is me in the shop Fabrication in York, where I sell my crafts!
I have a few side hustles that I focus on, with my top three being cat sitting, partnering with brands through Instagram, and conducting market research.
Google and Instagram are your best friends. I have found all my side hustles through these two. Follow influencers who post about legit side hustles in your country.
My favourite Google search is “How to make money online in the UK,” but I always have to be careful of MLMs and scams.
Juggling various tasks and responsibilities can be a daunting task, particularly if you’re new to it. I can understand how this can be challenging, but with the right mindset and approach, it’s possible to handle it all effectively.
It takes time to get the hang of it, especially when you have to balance work and your personal life. However, with experience, I’ve created a routine that helps me manage everything effectively.
Here are some useful tips that may help you juggle multiple side hustles:
Get a diary and use your phone calendar. I write everything down in a diary and keep it open so I can tick off what I accomplish during the day. I also use my phone calendar, so I can easily see things I need to do during the day.
- When getting important emails from market research and opportunities, I pin these to the top so I can see them.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself; if it’s not worth your time and low pay, just say no.
- Set up a good routine so it becomes the norm for you. My morning routine consists of entering competitions, doing some Instagram work, reading an inspirational book, doing blog work, and looking through my apps to find any mystery shops for the day. This schedule helps me, as it’s my norm now and doesn’t require much effort.
It’s important to remember that achieving success takes time and effort. I often receive messages from people asking for advice on starting side hustles and growing their audience on Instagram.
As someone who has been using Instagram for almost two years now, I’ve learned a few things along the way.
- You are there for a purpose; people will only follow you and engage with your content if it’s providing them with something. So make use of this. Create posts and stories that help people, and share things that you would want to learn or read.
- Engage with other people. I try to comment and reply to every DM, as I want to be social and support other people in their journey.
- Don’t burn yourself out by doing too much; life is not just about making money or working 24/7. Enjoy life as much as you can.
- Make use of the people around you. Follow people on Instagram who inspire you and give you ideas.
- Find a side hustle that works around your own life. If you have a 9-to-5 job, mystery shopping isn’t probably for you. You will have the evenings free, so instead of watching Netflix every night, take two nights of the week to build up a side hustle. Make digital products to sell on Etsy or apply for user testing to test websites.
What side hustle ideas are you most excited to explore? Let me know in the comments below.
If you’re eager to dive deeper into the world of side hustles and learn proven techniques to maximise your earnings, don’t miss out on my exclusive collection of side hustle ebooks available in the shop on my website to get you started.
Ebooks for Sale Here
Before you go, make sure to check out these related blog posts that offer valuable insights on additional sites you can explore.
Some articles on this blog contain affiliate links, which may earn me a commission to cover my running costs.